Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tom Morello Interview*

Alisa: Hi Tom, thanks for coming over!

Tom Morello: No problem. Always a pleasure.

A: Would you like some wine?

TM: No thanks!

A: I heard you will be a featured soloist on Bruce Springsteen's newest album; anything you'd like to say about that?

TM: Well, it's always an inspiration to work with hands-on artists like Bruce. I grew up listening to Bruce as...

A: (interrupting): I'm sorry, Tom, it's not appropriate to touch my leg that way. I'm a married woman.

TM: Please forgive me. I'm just taken by you. Your new bangs, your skin, your boots. You are just scrumptious.

A: I'm very flattered.

TM: I love your blog. Your poetry really resonates with me. The one you wrote about roads without names--

A: "Roads without Names"?!

TM: That's the one!

A: Wow!

TM: It's like you blogged your way right into my superego.

A: Wow!

TM: I feel like we're twins.

A: But I'm not half-Kenyan.

TM: We're emotionally identical twins.

A: (softly) OOOOOOOOOH!

TM: I would love to cut a song with you for Audioslave.

A: I could write some lyrics. Something about a doomed diaspora?

TM: Or about how we should arm the homeless?

A: Or home the armless?

TM: It's just you're so beautiful and so smart and your blog is so bloggy.

A: Thanks. Oh, my. You really are a delight. Will you do some push-ups and then help me grade some essays and then we can call Bruce Springsteen about going to the Melting Pot together for dinner?

TM: I'm not that into fondue.

A: Damn it, Tom. This is my irrational fantasy.

TM: Do I need to wear a shirt? Bring your dream journal! I want you to read the whole thing to me out loud.

_______
*Did not actually occur

No comments:

Post a Comment