Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roadhouse on AMC, can't go out now....

I don't know what it is exactly, but whenever I see that Patrick Swayze's bouncer-Christ sacrifice tome Roadhouse, I have to stop everything and watch it.

I think it's a combination of several factors. First, Swayze's messiah of the juke joint/speakeasy is pure hotness. He practices some kind of aikido or tai chi but approaches his new job with the calm prowess of a Western vigilante. He's on the classic Joseph Campbell Hero's Journey, but wow, who knew the journey would involve a monster truck squashing a car dealership?

And oh. That love scene with Kelly Lynch. Be still my cowgirl heart!
And oh. The dialogue. "Pain don't hurt" and a degree in NYU Philosophy. Come on over, Mr. Dalton. Come on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment