Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2012



1. Send in the paperwork to FINALLY adopt my Cabbage Patch Kid. I've spent twenty-seven years with Luna Nadine and I'm really to make it official, honey! No one is going to take her away from me!
2. Calculate my Weight Watchers points at the beginning of the day rather than at bedtime as to prevent sobbing to Dan that I ate 42 points worth of jellybeans three times in one week.
3. Spend a week alone in Nantucket collecting shells and staring ponderously at the ocean in a carefully chosen pair of J.Jill clamdiggers and a white, flowing sweatercoat. Kinda like the lady in a herpes medication ad.
4. Repeat number four with Dan in Ocean City or Long Beach Island. Substitute ocean pondering for drinking and J.Jill outfit for playful, flippy sundress.
5. Work out kinks in novel manuscript. Can a one-armed popcorn stand owner REALLY stand up to the mafia?
6. Update my Amazon wishlist so my recommendations don't make me look so nerdy: "Hey Alisa, we recommend the box set of Star Trek the Original Series as well this coffee table book about Bigfoot Legends!". Also, flaunt my Federation mug and be proud of all that I've learned from Jean-Luc.
7. Where the f*** is the Mary Celeste, missing ship of the 19th century Azores? Get scuba certification. Learn to swim. Get over fear of sharks. Find her. Find her.
8. Who is the one person in Germany reading this blog? Can you email me?

2 comments:

  1. LOL...you think YOUR Amazon recommendations are geeky; you should see mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Let me know how that adoption thing goes - 2010 will mark 28 years with Tanya Adelaide, 27 with Randy Jesse and 26 with Phoebe Tania so I should probably get on that adoption thing too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete